Episode 35 of the Khandaan podcast features our return from a much-needed break, so you know we’ve got something big for you – yes, it’s 1995’s monster hit, Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge!
Aditya Chopra’s debut film changed Hindi cinema in ways that still influence filmmaking across South Asia today and turned Shahrukh Khan into a superstar. Co-starring Kajol, Amrish Puri, Farida Jalal, Anupam Kher, Satish Shah, Parmeet Sethi, Mandira Bedi and Himani Shivpuri in addition to a baby Karan Johar, DDLJ was a sensation when it released.
We are joined once again by Top Friend Beth of BethLovesBollywood fame to explore how well this movie has stood up to the ravages of time and its unique position in Bollywood history.
We also do a small catch up on things that happened while we were away.
- 4.15 Sujoy’s quick review of Student of the Year 2 starring Tiger Shroff, Ananya Pandey, and Tara Sutaria
- 10.42 Kalank’s box office made Varun Dhawan want to get kicked in the face and the state of Dharma Studios
- 19.15 Main Review: Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge
- Aditya Chopra studio head vs director
- DDLJ’s legacy
- A gift and a curse for SRK
Voting is now open for our next episode. Please vote below: