This week’s episode of Upodcast we talk to the amazingly talented singer Neeti Mohan who is joining AR Rahman on his “Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow” concert at SSE Arena Wembley on Saturday 8th July 2017.
“Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow” marks the first in a global series, celebrating 25 years of the timeless music of AR Rahman and his team, who have crafted and perfected performances that are enriched with high-scale technology and
production. Leading engineers from around the world have been brought on board to present spectacular lighting and visuals as a backdrop to the live sounds of the musical genius, creating a multi-media extravaganza that will provide a once-in-a-lifetime experience for fans and audiences.
AR will be joined onstage by Neeti Mohan as well as other special guests including Benny Dayal, Javed Ali, Haricharan, Jonita Gandhi, Ranjit Barot and many more.
“Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow” Saturday 8th July, SSE Arena, Wembley
We talk with Neeti Mohan about:
- Working with a genius
- How the internet has effected playback singing
- Surprise at the name of her dog (who provides some back ground vocals to this chat)
- How she feels about the recent trend of actors/actresses singing
- The idea of a playback singer being the “voice” of an actor
- We also follow up on the effects of the Film Companion Roundtable of female singers
- The songs she doesn’t understand why people keep asking her to sing
For our review of AR Rahman’s previous concert at the O2, head over here.
You can listen/stream/download the episode below.
Or you can subscribe to our iTunes page and never miss a show
We would love it if you can rate or write us a small review on iTunes! Just click here.