This week we crack a main ingredient of Bollywood movies. The Item number! Asim is joined by our very own Bollywood Diva Kara also known as FilmiGirl and Paresh, one half of the music mix masters duo, The CurrySmugglers. Together we dissect what makes Bollywood Item Numbers such a unique phenomenon and what makes them really tasty, we pick our favorite tracks that made us throw our hard earned cash on screen and making it rain. We finish off with the Paresh’s “Memorial Picks of Filthiest Item Numbers”. Our mommy’s will be proud. Check out the full episode after the jump!
According to Wikipedia an Item Number “is a term commonly used in the Indian film industries, such as Bollywood, Kollywood and Tollywood, to describe a catchy, upbeat, often sexually provocative dance sequence for a song in a movie that usually has no relevance to the plot of the film.”
Disclaimer: Please do not be offended by the contents of the show, it’s all in good humour and overt filmgeekiness!
This Episode will be posted on CurrySmgglers, do check out the season 3 Finale!
- What Makes an Item Number?
- Top Â 5: A Run Down of our favorite Item Â tracks and clips
- Paresh’s “Memorial Picks of Filthiest Item Numbers”
Here are the links to our filthiest picks:
Hope you enjoyed the show!
You can write to us email@example.com
Drop us a line in the comment section below, or subscribe in the links in the sidebar!
Related articles by Zemanta
- Bollywood version of Austen’s Emma (bbc.co.uk)
- Bollywood Dancers Have Flashy Moves [Snap Judgment] (jezebel.com)
- “Aamir loses sleep as ‘Peepli Live’ release nears (Film Snippets)” and related posts (taragana.com)