Is this the visual proof that time travel has been invented? We’ll let you watch the videoÂ and decide as George Clark who discovered the footage and presented it at a few film festivals explains the quandary quite well. Is the lady appearing at the 1928 premier of Charlie Chaplin‘s The Circus, holding and talking to someone on a Mobile phone?? Check out the clip after the jump!
Of course no one in his right mind would believe this to be true but still the possibilties and questions boggle the mind? (via Slashfilm)
Is it really a phone she is holding?
If so, is it an iPhone or a Blackberry?
If this is a time traveller who has travelled back to 1928 to probably invest in stocks and bonds in a TimeCop sort of plan, how is she having cell phone reception when I can’t connect on the Tube?
What do you think? Let us know in the comment section below!
- WTF: Cell Phone At 1928 Premiere of Charlie Chaplin’s ‘The Circus?’ (slashfilm.com)
- I’m Still Skeptical: “Time Traveler” With Cell Phone Spotted In 1928 Charlie Chaplin Flick (geekologie.com)
- Woman with Cell Phone at the 1928 Premiere of Charlie Chaplin’s THE CIRCUS!? What the Hell!? (geektyrant.com)
- Video: Is This Woman A Time Traveler? (crunchgear.com)
- What’s the point of time travel if you can’t change anything? [Tv Recap] (io9.com)
- The Time Travel Paradoxes of Back To the Future (entertainment.slashdot.org)