New Episode 22 Upodcast: The Team reviews True Grit, Green Hornet in the 3D Dimension! More crack than an egg factory the team gazes into their Crystal ball and predicts the future winners of the Academy Awards. Check out the new epsiode after the jump!
First off, we talk about our review of Green Hornet, the film version of the comic book, of the radio show of the TV show. Whilst none of us could have imagined Michel Gondry directing such a feature, we’re damned pleased he has. Released in the cinema graveyard slot of January, this has set the benchmark for superhero / comic book related films to come in 2011. Green Lantern and Thor will need to be excellent to better Seth n Jay.
We then proceed from arguably the ridiculous to the sublime with genuine Oscar contender, True Grit (22min 36sec). Beautifully re-made by the Brothers Coen, what does the new version give us? Is it a Coen’s Western and if so, what kind of Western? Sadly we’ve been too lazy to watch the original John Wayne film (and in my case, any John Wayne film) and give you that comparison so you’ll have to make do with our thoughts on this one alone.
Finally we bring you our highs, lows and unknowns of the Oscars 2011 (42min 30sec). Gaze into our crystal ball as we steer you fundamentally in the wrong direction for who will win and who will lose. Make no mistake; if you use our guesses for gambling you’ll also be a loser on Oscar night.
- This one bought the rights and flew right over The Green Hornet’s nest (guardian.co.uk)
- The Cinematography of True Grit (slashfilm.com)
- ‘The Green Hornet’ Buzzes To Top Of Weekend Box Office (mtv.com)
- ‘Green Hornet’ opens No. 1 at the box office (sfgate.com)
- ‘Green Hornet’ stings box office w/$34M debut (abclocal.go.com)
- ‘Green Hornet’ stings box office with $34M debut (pbpulse.com)