With the release of Grown ups, starring Adam Sandler and many other comedic co-stars (Chris Rock, Rob Schneider, Kevin James). Unfortunately the reviews are pretty terrible and the do dall into the trappings we predicted when reviezing the trailer. But asÂ I said then I’ll probably end up watching this on a rainy day.
Month: June 2010
Check out their latest video from new album, How I Got Over released 22 june, after the jump!
The Upodcast team is back after a long hiatus! For our season premiere we have a jam packed show for all you guys! And for this weeks Battle of the Remakes we are taking part in Govinda Week!
Check out the brand new episode after the jump!
The First Green Hornet trailer has just been released and has received a collective “meh” from Geek audiences it seems. This Michel Gondry re-imagining of the popular 60’s TV show starring Seth Rogen, Cameron Diaz, Jay Chou and theÂ awesomeÂ Christoph Waltz from Inglorious Basterds fame. Although I do enjoy remakes and sequels unlike most people, I have to admit a tadÂ skepticalÂ Â the whole concept of the Green Hornet re-imagining. Check out the trailer and whyÂ The GreenÂ Hornet hasÂ gotÂ us excited after the jump!
Reasons why I am excited:
- I still like Seth Rogen even after his last few movies have bombed at the box-office and evenÂ critically,Â Rogen has added more of a comedic tone than the original show which is no real surprise.
- Christophe Waltz, this is his first release after Inglorious Basterds and although he will probably never play a villain like Hans Landa, this could be the opposite of the Jew Hunter which could be interesting.
- Michel Gondry, he’s always been an exciting and exceptionally creative director and this is probably his first truly mainstream picture although the shots we see are pretty generic.
My Question Marks:
- Jay Chou, He’s supposed to be this Korean Pop superstar but after seeing Â Rain’s ( the other Korean pop sensation)Â dismal performanceÂ in Ninja Assassin, I am worried as he’s taking over the mantle from the legendary Bruce Lee (dramatized inÂ Dragon the Bruce Lee Story or check out this clip!). Jay has some large shoes to fill (that kick really fast and high) and I am not sure he can do that.
- The Special effects, theyÂ look a bit cheesy. Kato seems to be kicking like Johnny Cage from Mortal Kombat, I am getting a bad Speed racer vibe.
- The general story line looks like Iron Man crossed with Batman, which could make or break the movie. But at the end of the day, how much originality can there be in a superhero origin story?
What do you think of the trailer? let us know in the comment section below!
Related articles by Zemanta
- Sneak Peek at Seth Rogan as The Green Hornet (shoppingblog.com)
- First ‘Green Hornet’ Images; Trailer to Arrive at Midnight (cinematical.com)
- Photo: First Look at Seth Rogen as The Green Hornet (wired.com)
- Seth Rogen as Green Hornet — VIDEO (justjared.buzznet.com)
Rap artist may have been flaunting their wealth openly the last few years but they have nothing on Cartoon characters who take ballin’ to a whole new level.
So if you have ever wondered who has the bigger Pimpin’ credentials in Cartoon terms, check out this awesome breakdown after the jump!
Beautiful short film by Portugese Director Nuno Rocha commisioned by LG. I have one of their TV‘s and am very satisfied (so LG throw some money the Upodcast way) and besides that the short film is beautiful. But then again , I have a heart that beats hard and fast. Keep a tissue handy for any tears and check out these achingly moving 6 minutes of cinemaÂ after the jump:
With the Football world cup just around the corners a lot of brands are upping their advertisement coverage. Living in England ,Â we get inundated by cheap gimmicky ads with C-level footballers (I am talking to you Mars) so it’s quite refreshing when Adidas manages to hit the right tone of geekiness and celebrity appearnace withouth loosing “cool points”. Here’s the latest Star Wars ad inspired by the Cantina scene featuring Snoop Dogg, Daft Punk, Jay Baruchel, one of the Gallaghers and David Beckham. (or as I like calling him, Beckman) Check out the ad after the jump: Read More